We read with your child at least everyday whether this is individually or in a group. We ask that you do the same! Please read with your child every night. Don’t forget to sign and date your child’s reading record each time you listen to your child read. This allows us to select the ‘Reading Rocket’ and allocate Dojo points. Books will be changed every Thursday.
There are many benefits to listening to your child read. Here are 10 of them.
- Children who read get better at it. After all practice makes perfect.
- Reading exercises our brain. Reading strengthens brain connections.
- Reading improves concentration.
- Reading teaches children about the world around them, including, places, people and events.
- Reading improves vocabulary and language skills.
- Reading develops a child’s imagination.
- Reading helps develop empathy.
- Reading is fun.
- Reading is a great way to spend time together.
- Children who read achieve better at school.